Week of Wins at Barclays with the Military and Veterans Outreach Team
Military / Veterans
"#FridayUpdate - This week at Barclays with the Military and Veterans Outreach team:
• Through direct hiring, 3 Military Spouses in the USA joined the Barclays family in #Wilmington and #Henderson. We also welcomed 3 Veterans in the UK: Jon Townrow, Joseph Jeffrey and Scot Forrester joined team #Scotland.
• 3 Veterans and 2 Military Spouses were informed of our intent to offer! Which, 🥁 takes us to 104 direct entry hires since the beginning of June!
• Colleagues were out in force across London, supporting #LondonPoppyDay. Members of our Military Resource Group, including; Veterans, Spouses, Reservists and advocates were out collecting - helping the Royal British Legion with their aim of raising £1million. We also had colleagues in #Edinburgh supporting the Poppyscotland effort.
• I was in #Glasgow delivering a Military Interview Day for Global Markets Operations (GMO). Although we are yet to formalise feedback, teams within GMO spoke highly about the quality of candidates they met on the day. While I was in Scotland, Paula Molyneux, Laura Jones, Nadine Davis, Andrew White, Matthew Weston and Chris Hallett were in London, planning for 2023!
• Members of our US Military Resource Group attended the 12th Annual Veterans On Wall Street (VOWS) Symposium. We participated in a number of Panel events on the day including; ''Women Veterans on Wall Street'', ''Executive Impressions'' and ''Promoting an Inclusive Culture through a Veterans ERG''.
• Lauri and I also spoke with 10 transitioning military members who are participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program. Resumes have been sent out to our Hiring Managers in the States and we are looking forward to participating in Cohort 23-1.
• Next week promises to be another amazing week, keep your eyes peeled, something big is coming ...
#LifeAtBarclays #MilitaryTalent #FinancialServices"
Link to More Information: